Monday, March 20, 2006

you love it and you hate it

Here's something my son Anthony sent around:

"This is a cool representation of the 2004 budget.
Certain items stick out like a sore thumb, like the 2.64 billion we
spent on a single submarine. Here it is. Also, we apparently need 8 billion dollars worth of fighter jets. When was the last dog fight again?--Vietnam war maybe. They should put ME in charge of the budget. :) I would opt for a novel and creative approach in which all
money is spent on things that improve the lives of our citizens and the vitality of our communities! sheesh."

It is impossible for me not to see beauty in the submarine. At the same time, it is a weapon. It probably uses oil and other resources like there's no tomorrow -- an old expression that might have a more literal meaning than its origin intended.

The graphic of the budget is wonderfully expressive. A nice example of what can be done on a computer. At first I thought it should fit the screen but then I began to appreciate its power as I moved around it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home